The apprenticeship coordinator will promote the Pimlico plumbers Apprenticeship Programme to relevant organisations and apprentices, using a variety of methods, the coordinator will work with the Recruitment Manager and team to attract high quality applications. They will be involved in, and have oversight of, the process by which successful candidates are selected.
The coordinator will identify the training and development needs of apprentices and support them throughout their programme to ensure that they complete their qualification and meet the expectations and requirements of the relevant manager. Finally, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that apprentices receive the relevant support and guidance to progress on completion of their apprenticeship programme.
- Act as the businesses apprenticeship go to person, meeting the businesses need in developing the skills of its apprentice workforce.
- To work with stakeholders and internal managers to promote the Apprenticeship Programme and to generate new apprenticeship opportunities.
- To support mangers who take on apprentices with information, advice and guidance where appropriate.
- To have oversight of all apprentices, to monitor performance, and to capture best practise and lessons learned.
- To oversee the provision of mentoring for apprentices.
- To develop a plan of action to facilitate the progression of apprentices as their apprenticeship contract comes to an end.
- To source appropriate training programmes for apprenticeship posts, select quality providers that meet the businesses requirements.
- Work with the Pimlico Plumbers PR department to promote the apprenticeship programme and gain maximum exposure for the business.
- Share recruitment best practise with key stakeholders and department managers.
- To contribute to market intelligence and sector information that can be used to influence current and future provision.
- Generate and prepare relevant reports and submit to stakeholders as required.
- To represent the business on apprenticeships at local and regional events.
- To prepare monitoring and performance and evaluations reports on relevant developments and initiatives for Management, internal/external stakeholders; ensuring information is timely, accurate and accessible.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of legislation, government directives, and best practice.
- Carry out all duties with full regard to responsibilities under Health and Safety Legislation and other relevant legislation.
- Positive Can-Do attitude.
- Able to Communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the business.
- Able to multi task.
- Smart in appearance.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive:
- A Competitive salary.
- 20 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
- Paid overtime available.
- Free Corporate Clothing.
- Onsite Gym with free personal training sessions once a week.
- Free massage sessions at work biweekly.
Hours of Work:
You will be contracted to work a 40 hour week. Employees are expected to be co-operative in working outside their normal hours as necessary to cope with varying situations and workloads. You may be required to work additional hours, including weekends as authorised by the needs of the business. For any additional hours worked you will be paid at your basic rate of pay or given alternative time off in lieu.
Pimlico Plumbers has a positive commitment to the promotion of Equal Opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. All applicants will be considered on their merits regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, disability, sex, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation or any other grounds not related to their ability to work safely and effectively for Pimlico Plumbers Ltd.