It’s everyone’s favorite day, Star Wars day, so we decided to find out if there is any exam tips and advice hidden in the many wise words of Jedi Master Yoda.
1. Pre-exam stress? Yoda would council against letting fear and anxiety impair your decisions. Anxiety and nerves are biological reactions to help us perform but they need to be managed and remain under your control. Preparing correctly ahead of exams and maintaining a healthy diet and sleep pattern is key.
2. Have you done enough revision? You probably don’t want to hear this but there is always more to learn. The key is managing your revision so that every hour is effective and you cover all the material.
10 hour revision stints are not healthy – this is a fact. Give yourself timely breaks and scheduled down time to make sure as much as possible sinks in when you’re revising.
3. Remain calm when sitting exams, consider questions with care and do not rush into writing essay answers without knowing what points you want to make and in what order. Your mind automatically recalls the quickest and easiest snippets of knowledge but this often clouds judgement, leading to missed marks or structural errors that result in lost time making corrections.
4. Your path is not set in stone so whatever the outcome of your exams, there will be different options available to you. The results do not define who you are or what you will go on to achieve.
5. Do or do not, there is no try. Success is different for each individual but you know what success means for you. A wise Jedi would suggest you are in control of the outcome of your exam season and achieving that success – so will you decide to succeed?
May the force be with you and best of luck with your exams!