1. Learn how to make a power scrubber with a drill
This genuinely blew our minds. The ease. The EASE OF THIS HACK.
2. Steam your microwave to get rid of the gunk
You’ll feel so much better after the stains from last night’s takeaway disappear from the glass window.
3. Clean out any faucet buildup with vinegar
Genius. Apparently soaking some faucets with vinegar cleans out any hard water buildup (you know, that awful white stuff.) Shiny faucets make you seem like you have your life together, so get on this.
4. Get rid of your mouldy shower curtains
There’s no saving them, guys – apparently once you can see the mould there’s literally millions of mould spores present. You can get rid of it, but that requires a ton of bleach (and effort).
5. Apparently, you shouldn’t be using soap
Use shower gel instead. Soap contains fats and oils that cause scum to build up in the shower. Since shower gel is basically a detergent, it doesn’t have the same effect. Neato.
6. Always keep a little bit of cleaning liquid at the bottom of your toilet brush pan.
And always wash the brush after use because, uh, obviously.
7. Use baking soda on fabric couches to get rid of bad smells
Goodness knows what’s been on there from previous freshers.
8. Use this 2-ingredient no-scrub bathtub cleaner
The tutorial says to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil (lavender, peppermint, etc.) if you want to mask the smell of vinegar.
9. Dust your TV/any LCD screens with a coffee filter
Now, here’s us assuming you guys will have coffee filters, but TBH instant coffee is the devil.
Feature Image © ABC