To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The Fuel and Landing Gear Test teams support the development and certification test activities performed for the fuel and landing gear systems in all the Airbus programs.
The test scope of the hydromechanical test team is primarily fluid mechanics, pneumatic and hydraulic aspects of the various systems: verification of fluid mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical equipment on fuel rigs and landing gear means, system performance under various conditions, equipment robustness and certification tests. Additionally, new emerging technologies such as zero carbon aviation are increasingly becoming part of the working portfolio.
The main activities performed by this team are:
Laboratory test means support, which includes
- Test Mean development and commissioning for new test rigs
- Maintenance and evolution of current test rigs
Functional integration tests on lab test means:
- Identification of test mean needs
- Test procedure preparation and execution on various Airbus rigs available in Filton
- Support of system tests performed at supplier facilities
The department strategy fully supports the Integration and Flight Test centers vision to develop a single test team identity covering all tests from Supplier to Flight Test.
What will you be doing?
During your placement with us, you will contribute to the delivery of Fuel and Landing Gear Hydromechanical Test Teams mission, with particular focus on zero-emission activities:
- Support systems verification through integrated rig testing and analysis
- Establish and improve the maturity of AC systems through the collaboration with other engineering teams
- React to and help resolve in-service system issues
- Aim for product safety beyond certification requirements
- Implement synergies and alignment between rig and flight test
Every day will present a new challenge with a variety of work spanning the complete product life cycle including:
- Lab Test Requirements definition
- Test bench design (mechanical and/or electrical and/or software) and build support
- Validation and commissioning of test benches
- System level testing of new fuel and landing gear functionality
- In-service investigation by reproducing events on avionics benches
- Preparing and presenting Lab Test Results Analysis
- Studying towards a degree in Engineering or Science with an engineering mindset
- Interested in cryogenics, thermal management or zero emission technologies and enjoys mechanical design and build activities
- Data analysis, report writing and presentation skills
- Project management knowledge or interest
- Excited by technical challenges and solving problems
- Committed to delivering on time
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of working as a team and autonomously
- English - Negotiation level
- Awareness of aircraft systems
- Understanding of basic electronics
- Understanding of measurement techniques (e.g. pressure, flow, temperature, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience of programming and programming languages (e.g. C, LabVIEW, Python, TCL, Matlab, Google Apps Script)
- A good knowledge and practical experience of Google Workspace.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- 18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.