Anglian Home Improvements have new and exciting opportunities for Window Installer Apprentices to join their team. If you are interested in Construction or are looking to learn a trade, this could be the opportunity for you. This position is offered on a full-time, fixed term contract for 18 months.
This role requires study and completion of the relevant apprenticeship qualification, you will complete a minimum of 20% for study and off the job training to complete this course.
You will be trained to fit and install windows and doors in residential properties with a team. This will include the process of workflow from receiving the job details, picking the items up from depot, removal of old windows and fitting the new ones in a variety of different settings. This practical learning will be backed up by off the job training and study.
What youll be doing:
- Assisting the Installer Team remove and fit windows and doors
- Liaise with the local Depot and warehouse to check lead times and collect stock
- Numeracy and literacy skills, minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Ability and willingness to study for the Installer qualification including off the job training opportunities (20%)
- Accurate and organised record keeping skills
- Good observation and information gathering skills, able to identify and gather relevant and necessary evidence
- Ability to remain calm and focussed during confrontational and pressured situations
- 46-55% of this roles time will be spend on external communication