Marketing + Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand-at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic level-that supports the Accenture business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
You will be part of the five strong UK media and analyst relations team which aims to make a tangible business impact by helping to build and protect Accenture's reputation.
We do this by working closely with our business stakeholders, marketing colleagues and journalist contacts to create and place newsworthy content that tells the Accenture story in a compelling and inspiring way.
In our team you will:
- Learn about how technology is shaping business and society now and in the future. Through immersing yourself in our thought leadership content (eg Tech Vision) you will become familiar with new and emerging trends as well as benefitting from our internal learning and development courses that ensure everyone across the whole firm understands topics such as cloud, security and artificial intelligence
- Learn from best in class colleagues - within the business as spokespeople, within the marketing function and media team you will work with truly inspiring colleagues who make working together a delight
- Refine your skills is a PR professional - creating, adapting and publishing impactful stories that will gain attention in the UK.
As a Manager, you will:
- Have a keen understanding of the key issues and technology trends affecting UK business
- Be a proactive, strategic thinker focused on generating tier-one and trade media coverage in support of Accenture's content and key topics
- Possess strong communications skills, with the ability to reduce complex topics into clear concise messaging; including exceptional writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to more technically (press releases, talking points, Q&A, and other PR collateral) with emphasis on technology and people topics
- Have the creativity and initiative to drive media results, even when confronted with internal and external obstacles
- Have the ability to function effectively within a matrixed organisation and support Accenture's approach to teamwork and collaboration
- Support and advise business leadership on media relations strategy and messages
- Adapt global thought leadership content to local media such as Tech Vision and Getting to Equal
- Support the creation of regular, repeatable, UK media relations led content to drive impactful media coverage including the Tech Talent Tracker
- Manage one direct team member report- a Specialist
- Manage external technology and people focused PR agency to drive creative and proactive media programmes.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Superior writing capabilities are essential.
- Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitches, bylined articles, op-eds, etc
- Detailed knowledge of UK media landscape and evidence of strong track record in media relations
- Social media familiarity and skills
- Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications, especially in B2B/ technology/ professional services
- Experience supporting major industry event
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organisations, vendors, and others.
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture's areas of business
- Strong project management, budget management and reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passion for executing deliverables and programmes that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture's business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations
- Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues
- Ability to influence leadership within Accenture's large, matrixed organisation through relationship-building and strong executive-level presence
- Strong team skills-ability to work autonomously and independently yet integrate appropriately with Marketing + Communications colleagues across other service areas, industry groups, geographies, capabilities and within corporate communications disciplines.
Set yourself apart:
- Positive, friendly attitude and a team player
- Ability to think strategically, prioritise busy workload and be creative
- Proven track record of delivering strong results for technology or professional services company