- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Tutor to join our 3 ship programme within our Lifestyle and Works team.
The 3 Ships are Mencaps education based programmes for supporting people with a learning disability to move closer to the job market and gain employment. The 3 Ships are Supported Internships, Traineeships and Apprenticeships. This Tutor role will focus on Supported Internships.
As a Tutor you will focus on the delivery of the educational element of these programmes; designing and delivering creative lessons to a diverse group of learners which will include Employability and functional skills topics.
The successful candidate will deliver elements of teaching, learning and assessment to learners including accredited functional skills in both English and Mathematics. This role would suit a highly motivated and qualified teacher or someone looking to pursue this career.
The role is full time Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Some travel may be required around the Birmingham and West Midlands area.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Key skills and requirements (essential):
- Experience of supporting people
- Experience of delivering against targets
- Experience of working with a diverse group of learners
- A-C/9-4 English & Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
- Recognised teaching qualification at level 5 (DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd) Or willingness to work towards
- Knowledge and experience of delivering and assessing functional skills English and Maths up to level 2
- Experience & knowledge of safe working practices
- Good classroom management skills and strategies
- Good time management and planning skills
(Please see the role profile for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role and the full Job Description and Personal Specification)
All candidates offered an interview for this role will need to provide evidence of their GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at interview stage.
Please note - The salary will be dependent on your level of qualification Level 3 PTLLS and Level 4 CTLLS 26,010 FTE, Level 5 DTLLS, PGCE or Cert Ed 28,091 FTE.
If you have the relevant skills and experiences we are looking for and this opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply with your up to date CV.
This role will close on Thursday 21st October and interview will commence shortly after the close date on Microsoft Teams.
JOB ID: 23093
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to peoples lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you dont join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
- T&Cs apply based on contract