Too often, a child’s path through life is set by their background, not their potential to succeed. That can’t be fair. We’re determined to break this cycle of injustice, and we need your help.
On our two-year Training Programme, we’ll pay you a salary as you qualify to teach through a fully-funded Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Leadership (PGDE). Teach First is ranked highly in the Times Top 100 graduate employers because we trust you with real responsibility, from day one, and help you to pick up invaluable transferable skills for the future.
• earn a full salary
• receive world-class training, including a fully-funded PGDE – worth up to double the credits of a PGCE
• join one of the top graduate employers in the UK
• develop skills all employers are looking for
• make lifelong friends and connections
• experience real responsibility from day one and make a difference by building a fair education for all
With your talents and ambition, you have many career options ahead of you. But few are more meaningful than teaching. By training on the job, you’ll have an immediate impact on the lives of the young people who need you most. And you’ll discover a lot about your own potential at the same time.
Duration - Two years (Optional third year to complete Master's)
Start - June 2020 - five-week introductory training; September 2020 – start in the classroom
- You're a UK citizen or have the right to work in the UK
- You have or are expecting a 2.1. degree (with Honours) or higher (2.2. will be considered in certain circumstances)
- Grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths and English, and grade C in one science subject for primary teaching
- Able to commit to five weeks training in June and July 2020, and full-time work from September 2020