You will be training in the Toolroom, but you will also learn all aspects of the business including Fabrication, tube manipulation, welding, presswork, prototyping and welding.
Toolmakers produce precision tools like jigs, dies, and moulds that are used to make parts in manufacturing. Youll work with metals, alloys, and composite materials, known as stocks or castings.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- Working with 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM)
- Marking out the tool design on the stock or casting following engineering drawings.
- Cutting and shaping tools using a combination of lathes, presses and cutting machines.
- Checking dimensions with precision measuring instruments like micrometres and gauges.
- Carrying out basic machine maintenance.
- Be proactive within your approach to work
- Practical & methodical Mindset
- Some experience of using tools would be an advantage but not essential
- Likes to use a hands-on approach
- The ability to follow basic engineering drawings and instructions is ideal
To Be successful within this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be hard working and willing to learn
- Willing to get stuck in and support the team.
- Have a proven record of excellent time keeping and attendance
- Keen, enthusiastic, have excellent maths and ITC skills
- Have hands on skills and the desire to work with machinery and in a practical environment.
- Grade 4 or above (A-C) in maths and English or equivalent 5 GCSEs or more
- This company is very committed to investing in its future. It firmly believes that Apprenticeships and growing from within the business is the right approach to sustain future growth.
Things to consider
- This is a genuine opportunity to train as a toolmaker and will provide a sound foundation for a career in engineering with a company committed to the growth of its people.
About the employer
H & H Products Ltd has been established for over 25 years and within that period the company has grown from a small tool room to the modern facility it is today.
Their comprehensive packages includes Design, Development, Testing and Manufacture - delivering the complete project from concept to reality. Whether it is a one-off fabricated bracket, large batches of complex machined and welded assemblies or a fully managed project, our client have the desire, the people, and the tools to deliver a fast, economical response. Their team have been providing a complete engineering project management, subcontract machining, welding and fabrication service to industry.
H & H Products Limited
H & H Products Ltd Coombs Road
LEAN EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lean Education And Development Limited
Rachel Jevons 07896 482558 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering which is a 42-month programme where you will receive on the job training and be required to attend LEMA Academy 1 days per week. Having some knowledge of interest in or background of engineering and manufacturing will be beneficial to you in this role.