At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we are currently recruiting for a Study Technician to join our Genetic and Molecular Toxicology department to assist in the performing and data recording of either in vivo or in vitro genetic toxicology assays.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining lab cleanliness, supplies and tidiness (cleaning, calibrations, reagent prep and disposal, waste disposal etc.).
- Assisting in maintaining laboratory equipment and equipment records within laboratory areas.
- Assisting in the production of laboratory work sheets for standard assays.
- Assisting in the preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area.
- Assisting in the accurate recording and data checking of study and laboratory raw data.
- Good general education A'Levels/HNC level with experience of laboratory work, or a scientific degree (BSc).
- Up to 12 months practical lab experience - if new graduate internship/placement experience or lab practical experience during degree course preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with standard spreadsheet and word-processing software applications.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP, aseptic techniques and cell culture would be advantageous.