We are looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in a career in computational chemistry and a desire to apply computational techniques to support the discovery of future drugs.
You will be required to apply computational techniques to solve chemistry problems. This will involve application of expert tools as well as some coding (primarily in python). Ability to work independently is essential, and training and mentoring will be provided by senior computational chemists.
Communication and collaboration are key requirements, and curiosity about new techniques, approaches, and scientific discovery. Maintaining our high standards, ethics and safety are crucial.
During the placement you will contribute to defined computational chemistry projects, supporting drug discovery and novel research, as well as experience the research environment of a large global pharmaceuticalcompany.
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying a Chemistry related discipline (or equivalent qualification)
- Strong preference or interest in computational chemistry techniques
- Passion for scientific discovery
- Experience in coding (python in particular) is desirable but not essential
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organizations core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee