responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industrys most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Working alongside our team in the development and implementation of marketing activities, the Companion Animal Marketing Assistant role will provide you with a wide breadth of opportunities during your 12 months with us. From market research and strategy planning to executing tactical initiatives; the skills and experience you gain, will support your future marketing career.
You will have an opportunity to work on some of the biggest brands in the veterinary market and be a crucial part of market leading initiatives. As part of a small, yet dynamic and passionate team of marketers supported by a veterinary technical team, youll deliver campaigns to the sales team and directly to veterinary customers and pet owners.
By the end of the placement, you will have had the opportunity to develop your own marketing project and presented this to the business unit, as well as having assisted on leading brands and developing your own network.
- Implementation of marketing and PR campaigns for key strategic brands and disease areas within the companion animal business unit
- Project management of key shows and events, defining objectives and measuring return on investment
- Contributing to strategy and planning within brand team meetings
- Liaising with creative, digital and PR agencies to complete artwork, print and digital media in a timely manner
- Management of social media channels - Planning content, identifying opportunities to reach target audiences and working with the agency on optimizing campaigns to meet agreed campaign KPIs
- Providing marketing assistance tothe sales team
- Working independently and with the market insights team to create market reports and manage/present data to support decision making
- Administration tasks such as budget management and print ordering
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree in any discipline (or equivalent qualification)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organizations core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee