Facebook Reality Labs Research (FRLR) brings together a world-class, cross-discipline R&D team with the shared goal of developing the next generation of AR and VR technologies. The Surreal Vision team is looking for the next generation of scientists and engineers to tackle the most ambitious problems in machine perception at our European research and software location in London, UK.Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
1. We currently have a 2D/3D desktop (Windows/MacOS) that is a mix of classic Qt-widgets and QML. The primary role of this internship is to make it a pure QML application as well as establish a clear separation between business logic and UI.
2. Designing and building Flux-like to separate logic and UI.
3. Port the various QWidget-based components to QML
4. Collaboration with and support of other researchers and engineers across various disciplines
5. Communication of engineering design, implementation progress and results.
1. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Masters Degree or PhD in the field of Computer Science or related field
2. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
3. Experience in C++/C+
4. Proven QT and QML desktop/embedded applications development experience.
5. JS knowledge in terms of writing QML scripts.
6. Good understanding of video encoding, threading, sync/async operation models in terms of QT, QML animations and 2D/3D transformations.
7. MacOS and Windows developer abilities
8. Graphical UI/UX knowledge
9. Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
1. Experience in 2D/3D tooling
2. Experience in video rendering.
3. Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship