Duties will include:
- Sets up and operates shot-peening equipment
- Lays out and marks areas to be shot-peened on test specimen or part, using measuring and marking instruments
- Sets up, operates, and adjusts shot-peening equipment to achieve specified contour on test specimen or part
- Measures and checks test specimen or part to verify conformance to specifications and to determine required equipment adjustments, using measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Loads control media, such as computer tape, in control console of equipment, or enters commands to retrieve control instructions from computer data base to operate equipment automatically
- Excellent communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven IT skills
- Organised and proactive
- Can do attitude
- Well presented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Minimum GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths and English
- Already completed a year at college on an engineering related course would be advantageous
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
Apprentices may be required to work alternative shifts to include afternoons/weekends as and when required.
Day release is required at our training centre on Pride Park in Derby.
About the employer
Established in 1984 as Chevron Aerospace and then acquired by SPS Technologies, Inc in 1988, SPS Aerostructures Limited, (trading as PCC Aerostructures United Kingdom) is a strong engineering business with a formidable record in the production of precision-machined fabrications and assemblies for civil and military aircraft and rotorcraft.
PCC Aerostructures UKs culture is to continuously improve and innovate to meet demands, challenges, and opportunities. We recognize the importance of investment to grow the business and to be a preferred supplier in our market sector.
Based in the UK and China, PCC Aerostructures UK operates from four purpose-built and equipped facilities:
SPS Aerostructures - Machining Division
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Engineering Operative Standard.
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering
- Level 2 Competence in Engineering
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)