We provide best-in-class technical support to our customers from design to manufacturing, and right through the product life-cycle to implement industry-leading innovations, and to work with the latest technologies. Our Swindon site hosts customer access labs for a variety of data centre and cloud focused workloads. We are looking for a highly motivated intern to work in our lab team for HPC focused engineering and operations. The successful candidate would gain invaluable industry knowledge and experience in a very technical role.
The HPC Technical intern responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working in HPC/Artificial intelligence and private cloud Cluster platform engineering at scale
- Working with hardware and software-operating the lab itself and supporting hosted customers using our lab in the UK, as well as other labs managed worldwide
The technologies exposed are cutting edge and relevant to industry so the successful applicant will be well placed to peruse a career in advanced technical computing fields.
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical disciplines including Computer Science, IT, Software and Electronic Engineering. It is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
Technical skills required for the role include:
- Desktop and/or notebook hardware familiarity practical skills
- PC hardware and software architecture familiarity
- Understanding of basic server and network architecture
- Ability to build and debug typical PC and Server hardware, install and debug typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux
- Microsoft Windows operating System familiarity beyond that of a general user
- Solid understanding and experience in deploying and/or support Windows client and/or server environment
- Programming knowledge in HTML and/or XML, scripting languages would be an advantage
- Keen personal interest in computing would be an added advantage.
Skills required for students enrolled on electronics engineering degree courses include:
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics, knowledge of processor architectures.
- Experience in coding using Arduino or embedded C would be an advantage.
Additional skills required include:
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame
- Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on-site presentations and demos to customers and therefore able to undertake a level of UK and International travel
- Confident working in a customer facing environment
- Project management experience