Working as part of a busy IT Operations team, the Service Desk Apprentice will provide IT Service desk support to over 500 employees across PAM group. The job holder will play a key role in ensuring that all service requests and incidents are handled professionally. They will represent IT to both internal staff and key 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage incident, problem, service request and change volumes for Service Desk requests
- Providing 1stline support
- Drive through resolutions and escalate to 3rdparty suppliers when necessary.
- Drive through resolutions to requests
- Ensuring high system availability and customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles to share workarounds and document solutions for known issues. Document standard changes or standard operating procedures.
- Manage resolution according to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Working to ITIL aligned processes
- Make suggestions to Service Desk Team Leader on improvements that could be made to the Service Desk team to improve the level of service offered.
- Interest in a service desk/technical support role
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- A precise and detail orientated approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Creative and innovative thought processes
- A team player mentality with enthusiasm for building professional relationships.
- A proactive attitude focused on building the confidence to challenge and input into business process improvements.
- The willingness to learn.
You need to have 5 GCSEs:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.