Barclays makes markets in nearly all major asset classes, providing sophisticated, timely solutions to our clients. Our Sales & Trading team works in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting environment, quickly processing information and anticipating market trends to help clients make their next move. Sound like the place for you? Join us as an analyst.
The chance to make an impact
Over your time as an analyst, youll develop a solid understanding of the global markets while building your communication, quantitative and analytical skills. After intensive initial training, you will start your career as a salesperson or a trader on a specific desk in one of our business areas, including:
- Client Capital Management
- Client Strategy
- eFICC Trading
- Equity Financing
- Foreign Exchange
As a Sales analyst, youll start by supporting your colleagues before taking on your own set of clients. You may:
- analyse and develop solutions to clients needs
- monitor markets and formulate trade ideas
- perform various analyses on fundamental and technical data
- attend client meetings or calls with traders, salespeople and research colleagues.
As a Trading analyst, you may:
- monitor markets and generate trade ideas
- participate in pricing products
- help out with daily tasks such as trade reporting or P&L analysis
- assist with managing risk of the teams trading books.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, youll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. Youll be encouraged you to work closely with experienced colleagues on a daily basis, helping you develop mentoring relationships early in your career. Whats more, dedicated program managers will support and advocate for you throughout the first several years of your career at Barclays.
During the analyst program, youll also:
- participate in formal and informal training designed to give you the knowledge you need when you need it
- receive detailed performance coaching and feedback
- have opportunities to expand your network and develop leadership skills.
- be motivated with a strong degree or expected degree - in any area.
Ideally, you would also have:
- resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities
- a good blend of technical skills and interpersonal skills