At Barclays, we are working together to build a better bank, a more efficient bank that is safe, intuitive and that will support people and businesses responsibly and sustainably. A bank that knows its customers and clients, champions innovation and thinks digital first, offers trusted money management guidance and support, and provides personalised advice to match customer and client life goals. And its where we keep our eyes on the future, shaping what the best customer experiences will look like for years to come.
Real responsibility, right away
As an analyst with our Data Sciences team, youll join the team responsible for all analytical support for Credit and Marketing initiative strategies. Youll research, create and implement new models and expand our computational platform.This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to become an expert in Data and Analytics within our progressive and respected Retail Bank business, shaping what the best customer experiences will look like for years to come.
Expect to be right where the action is. Youll start with training; after which youll join your team. The challenges you take on might include:
- creating, assembling and monitoring key performance indicators to measure value for programs and initiatives
- performing primary and secondary analysis to identify short and long-term growth, risk strategies and profitability opportunities
- identify areas for enhancement and develop reporting tools to track KPIs
- using advanced analytics to optimise underwriting strategy, population, offer and channel strategies through profit and loss statistics
- collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders to identify new opportunities for profitable portfolio growth
- provide business updates to both the Decision Sciences and Partnership leadership teams on a continuous basis.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, youll be surrounded by experts in the industry, who will help you achieve your goals and ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the programme, youll also benefit from in-depth, comprehensive training. During the programme, youll also:
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events
- be motivated with a strong degree or expected degree - in any area.
Ideally, you would also have:
- a customer-driven attitude and an ability to quickly adapt to change and learn new technologies
- be passionate about relationship building as well as being a commercially minded problem solver.