- Replying to general enquiries from students who are enrolling at the school or interested in coming to the school and providing them with adequate information
- Confirming student enrolments
- Dealing with direct students on all school enquiry and enrolment matters
- Keeping updated records (including students currently at the school, past students, enquiries, student attendance and nationality statistics)
- Organising airport transfers
- Generally looking after any aspect of student enrolments
- Acting as a point of information for any enquiries students have about local information, general enquiries etc and directing any specific enquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Assisting with student induction as directed
- Assisting with attendance monitoring
- Adopting a friendly and approachable manner with students, so that they feel comfortable with raising queries
- Taking daily payments for enrolments and sundry
- Issuing student agreements for enrolments and sundry payments and filing as appropriate
- Ensuring the reception and front of house area is maintained to a professional standard at all times
- Helping to ensure building security through procedures and regular checks as directed
- Making sure all visitors are met professionally and are asked to sign in
- Empathy with international students
- Collaborative and a team player
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages and Outlook
- Warm, friendly and professional
- Flexible and adaptable
- GCSE grades 9-4(A*-C) in Maths and English desirable but not essential
- Oxford International has a track record of giving people the opportunity to progress from junior to very senior positions. We currently expect to grow rapidly with Covid restrictions easing and more students travelling once more.
- The apprentice has an excellent chance of securing a full-time post in a school operations role, compliance or finance admin.
Things to consider
- Oxford International is a fast-growth and entrepreneurial organisation. This means that often we are very busy and priorities can change. Also working with international students has many benefits but can be demanding as their first language is not English so communication can be a challenge and therefore requires patience and empathy.
- The successful candidate will need to undergo safer recruitment checks because we work with students under the age of 18. They will therefore need to undergo an Enhanced DBS check and provide 2 professional references.
About the employer
We are an accredited, private education provider that operates international colleges, English language centres across the UK, Europe, North America and an online learning platform to create life-enhancing experiences for students worldwide.
Founded in 1991, we have been delivering international education students for 29 years. Today, our courses help over 50,000 UK and international students achieve academic success every year.
Students can join us for every stage of their academic journey. Our Group is home to five University Partnerships across the UK and Europe, and six English Language schools across Canada, USA and the UK.
Oxford International Education & Travel Ltd
Greenwich High Road
INTEC BUSINESS COLLEGES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intec Business Colleges
Shelley Lea 07841361547 Shelley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required