To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
About Us !
Product Managers (Innovation Managers) are leaders, responsible for ensuring that the company achieves its strategic goals through definition, development, and management of product portfolios that contribute to integrated solutions across a variety of domains (Multi-Domain Combat Cloud, Satcom Systems, Satcom Services).
Product Managers possess a blend of business acumen and technical knowledge which enables them to ensure that product portfolios deliver value for our customers and our business. Product Managers gather insights and lead the direction of their portfolios. Whether this means developing new products, working with partners, or sourcing new suppliers, Product Managers are the voice of the customer that influence decision-making in favor of our strategic ambitions.
The Product Management department is a supportive team of ~15 people across the UK & France with a wide range of experience in Product Management. We encourage you to join us as we build our portfolios to lay the foundation for the future of Secure Communications. In this role you can expect a high level of autonomy and visibility across the business.
This is a chance to learn valuable skills in Product Management at an early stage in your career. You will play a key role in organizing and supporting our product managers. You will be highly valued by the team and there will be ample opportunities to learn and have a real positive impact on the company as we develop industry leading communications solutions for military and government customers. This role offers a variety of opportunities such as organising live product demonstrations, sales training and marketing across Europe, United States and Asia.
What will you be doing ?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Organising the teams regular reporting, optimising processes, and managing the tools and data archives
- Increase the quality of customer knowledge by generating business collateral for customer shows and demonstrations. These increasingly take the format of digital mediums.
- Promotion of the department through creative designing of the community/networking area, newsletter, videos and other social media tools.
- Supporting new ideas, reviews, investment approval boards and team meetings.
- Arranging internal and external events, including product demonstrations, team building events and sales training.
- Supporting product managers and our product management performance group
- Organising team meetings
- Organising training
- Attending customer meetings
- Creating templates and presentations
Opportunities during the placement may also include :
- Organise Live Demonstrations and marketing across Europe, United States and Asia.
- Certified Product Management Training.
- Being part of a team based Europe wide.
- Close links to MOD and governmental agencies.
- Travel and international exposure.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Studying towards a degree in either; Engineering, Business or Marketing
- A willingness to learn and get involved
- Work experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Gsuite would be advantageous
- Entrepreneurial, inquisitive and commercial skills to be able to identify profitable new service offers for our specific markets.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- 18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.