We are looking to hire a talented and committed Product Design intern for our Design team. This person will play a critical role in iwoca continuing to have a customer focussed product by adding context and insight into the process of designing the user experience.
As a Product Designer at iwoca you will have a focus on delivering new designs to one of our core products. We work in an agile way and changes that you'll design will make the way through testing and to the real product within a matter of weeks!
The internship is paid and will last for 3 months.
Please notice that this is not an Industrial Design position.
Please submit a protfolio to be considered for this role.
- You have a great grasp of design principles such as typography, color, layout, grid, and hierarchy.
- You can work with a predefined brand and reinvent pieces that require change.
- You have the ability to quickly learn new software and are curious and continuously hunting for new and better solutions to improve work processes.
- You have great communication skills and you are comfortable with presenting your designs. You should also be good at taking feedback and quickly iterating.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You absorb inspiration and know to imitate and synthesis it to useful things in your work.
- Your have a critical eye and can critic not only your designs but others'.
- You are obsessed with productivity and keen to try different technologies and methods to improve your communication and process.
- You understand the work of a Product Designer end to end.
- You are aware of the design environment in London and go and participate in a variety of activities related to design.
- You have interesting personal projects and a pure passion for the design profession.
- To improve your craft as a Product Design and sharpen your skills at research, wireframing, UI and prototyping.
- You'll become familiar with design and prototyping tools online and work with them.
- To work to a brief and also produce a few.
- To bring your ideas to reality and how it works in the context of the team with PMs, Developers and analysts.
- To move UI to bring more emotion to interfaces.
- To work in a talented multidisciplinary team. To pitch your ideas and get feedback.
We all enjoy:
You'll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
What's life like as an iwocan?
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.