As our undergraduate Design Engineer, you'll use the knowledge and skills you've been developing during your time studying to make a real impact with us.
You'll work alongside the creative team to apply engineering technical knowledge and creativity to innovate new products. You will also oversee the trials and testing of the products you develop (such as fire, security and destructive testing) which is a vital part of product development before we begin the manufacturing process.
With your knowledge of technical design, manufacturing and quality assurance, your skills with be utilised across multiple sites in the UK, if not Globally.
With manufacturing on site, you'll get fast paced development opportunities for the projects you work on. From early stage concept development, through to finalised solutions you'll see your designs come to life in real time, right outside your window.
- Deliver New Product Development (NPD) on time and within budget by utilising a controlled Tollgate process to which all relevant departments work to.
- Resolve quality issues found with existing products as part of JELDWENS continual improvement program.
- Create SolidWorks CAD designs to meet above requirements
- Create and update manufacturing drawings and maintain the ePDM drawing register
- Take part in the newly established Consumer Insight Program at JELD-WEN.
- Produce accurate and actionable insights to aid creation of New Product Innovations.
- To develop an understanding of the opportunities offered by new materials, manufacturing techniques and processes.
- To assist and input into prototyping and product testing, both in-house and externally.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand and act upon the priorities and needs of the business.
- Ensure products are designed and developed to meet sustainability and environmental requirements, including end-of-life disposal.
- Have or be working towards a 2:1 or above in Product Design Engineering or relevant subject.
- Knowledge of design requirements for construction products desirable.
- CAD - SolidWorks (Preferable
- Be able to work autonomously
- Great presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Report Writing
- Passionate about user centred design
- Holder of a clean UK Driving Licence (Occasional requirement to travel throughout the UK - Pool/Hire cars available)