All applications must be made through the gov.uk apprenticeship service not via this advert, please ensure you: Apply Here (https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-667399)
Newsprinters are the chosen manufacturer for many of the UKs well known and respected newspapers. With a heritage of quality and reliability combined with a culture of continual improvement, we make the news happen on a daily basis. Operating from our three purpose built sites at Broxbourne, Knowsley and Eurocentral, the Newsprinters network can offer National and Local newspapers the right print and distribution solution for their needs.
Your team; Your role will be an essential part of Newsprinters success, Newsprinters Broxbourne are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality to our customers and to deliver on time every time. Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will work under supervision, working towards being multi skilled and being responsible for a wide range of tasks.
Your role; You will work towards an Advanced Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship.You willmaintain and operate a newspaper printing Press whilst gaining a wider understanding of all functions with the business.
Day to day:
- Basic operation of CTP lines - Releasing & ordering plates
- Operation of reelstands - Loading/unloading of reels. Reel preparation for both webbing up the press & splicing
- Pre-run press checks
- Webbing up the press
- Plating up the press
- Product checks ensuring the correct product, edition, colour fall and folios
- Press running adjustments ensuring quality standards are met and maintained
- Post-run cleaning and checks
- Reporting on downtime, quality, and equipment issues
- Roller replacement and setting
- Basic stitcher, rotoclean and PPL maintenance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, training and development, quality, disciplinary and grievance and sickness and absence etc.
- Preserve and promote at all times the Companys good name and reputation, conduct internal and external relations with honesty and integrity and encourage the development of an appropriate culture that will deliver results and manage changes in line with Company objectives.
- Ideally some experience in a printing environment, but this is not essential.
- You will be polite and respecitful
- Punctual and professional
- Desired qualifications - GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4, equivalent or above, or Maths and English Functional Skills Level 2.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individuals potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.