We are currently seeking to appoint a Planning/Purchasing Office apprentice at our PC Henderson Business Unit in Bowburn, Durham.
As part of the planning and purchasing team, the apprentice will support all aspects of production, planning and purchasing activities.
Main Responsibilities and Challenges
- Updating excel spreadsheets, ensuring accuracy of information
- Raising production orders in Globe
- Amending purchase orders where necessary
- Consolidation of information in Globe on purchase orders
- Retrieving information re stock, sales and production demand
- Adjusting stock where necessary
- Printing of fitting instructions for production
- Chasing supplier delivery dates
- Updating priority boards
- Providing support with goods in administration
- Liaising with despatch team
- Support outside processing information
- Providing support to the Quality Assurance team by producing rejection notes
- General office and filing duties
- Assisting other colleagues outside of the department where necessary.
As part of your apprenticeship journey you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from experienced colleagues
- Develop job-specific skills
- Earn whilst you learn.
During your apprenticeship, you will:
- Be required to attend monthly training sessions to fulfil the academic apprenticeship criteria
- Be responsible for your own daily activities and prioritisation of tasks and workload
- Develop a good working relationship with both external and internal costumers