Enrolling onto a Nuclear Business Apprenticeship with EDF will offer you the opportunity to spend two years earning whilst gaining high-quality work-based training and a recognised qualification.
The Training Programme:
During the apprenticeship you'll work in our central Bristol office and attend day release training at the City of Bristol College, leading to a Level 3 Business Administration Advanced Apprenticeship.
As part of your Apprenticeship you'll be seconded into different teams, such as the Document and Data Control (DDC) team, and get the opportunity to assist with the management of multi-million pound contracts and become a key project team member of a fast paced project environment.
Your secondments will offer the chance to perform a variety of tasks that will all positively contribute to your own personal development, knowledge and experience in Business Administration. These tasks include:
- Manage, capture, control, store, and disseminate all relevant current and historical documentation within Hinkley Point C (HPC)
- Log and quality assure incoming and outgoing documents and communications, producing and issuing transmittals to provide an auditable trail for all documentation
- Support the integration of HPC's document management system with its wider information management needs
- Produce and interpret management reports on performance
- Represent the Document Management Team in meetings
During your apprenticeship, you'll also experience other areas of Project Services and the wider project, which may include the Executive Support, Training and IT Strategy and Delivery teams, as well as other Project Support functions.
At the end of your apprenticeship the doors will open to the larger organisation. If you want to progress up the career ladder, you can take on people management responsibilities and develop into a maintenance team leader. Or you can choose the technical route and take your first steps towards becoming an engineer. With hard work, there really are no limits to how far you can go - not just within EDF, but within the worldwide EDF Group.
- You'll need to have English & Maths GCSEs Grade 4 or above, and have either completed a Business Administration Apprenticeship or have administration experience
- Ideally you'll live locally to Bristol
- You'll have enthusiasm for the nuclear industry
- You'll be self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop
- You'll have the ability to work in a team and independently, as well as being able to balance the responsibilities of study and work
- You'll also be able to engage people at all levels, with good communication skills