The CVS New Graduate Programme is tailor-made, offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates.
We have a few graduate spaces remaining for the 2021 Graduate Programme with one at Ark Veterinary Practice in Nottingham and can accommodate a Autumn 2021 start.
This is what some of our vets on the CVS Graduate Programme say:
Throughout my first year as a new graduate on the CVS Graduate Scheme I have felt very supported both in my practice and externally through being a part of CVS. The practical CPD we get to do is definitely my favourite part as it also provides an opportunity to network with other fellow graduates while covering some essential topics for first opinion practice. I would highly recommend the programme to any new graduate as it provides a supported and structured start into your veterinary career.
My favourite part of working as a new graduate vet for CVS are the opportunities offered by such a large cooperation. The experience and possibilities are great when you are trying to find your own path according to your passion. The CPD offered is also invaluable and there is a great support network.
These are just some of the benefits of joining us:
- Salary of 31,000 which increases to 33,500 at the end of year 1 and 36,500 at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role, whether it be dedicated small animal, farm animal or mixed practice.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the countrys first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend: Financial bonus up to 1000!