To work in collaboration and under the supervision of Early Learning and Childcare teams to provide high quality and learner centred Early Learning and Childcare to children from 2 - 5 years.
Good written/numerical skills gained through either Standard Grades/National 4 or 5 qualification(s)
Relevant work experience
Work at alternative locations as required
Willingness to join and maintain membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
Eligibility to register with Scottish Social Services Council
The post holder should demonstrate:
Demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Ability to communicate effectively. This will include non-verbal, verbal and written forms of communication
- Good observational and listening skills
Demonstrate understanding of:
- The Getting it right for Every Child policy and procedures
- Protecting children
- Importance of confidentiality
- Relating to and work effectively with children, parents, carers and other professional colleagues
- Leaning how to assess childrens development and in time plan how to extend learning in a way that includes and motivates them
Demonstrate a commitment to:
- Completing the Modern Apprenticeship Programme
- Delivering excellent customer service
Please see Job Profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots* aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
- New Scots are defined as refugees and asylum seekers who are in Scottish communities and include those who have been granted refugee status or another form of humanitarian protection, people seeking asylum, those who have been refused asylum, and those whose application has been refused but who remain in Scotland. Please note that eligibility to work in the UK is dependent on legal status and all applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK