- Provide clients with accurate information in a warm and friendly manner which may be by telephone, face to face and online.
- Process applications for clients benefits.
- Inbox monitoring and management.
- Maintain correct and up to date client information.
- Working with clients to quickly understand their needs and help them.
- Handle sensitive and personal information in line with confidentiality rules.
- Carry out administrative tasks using computer systems to process payments, clients requests, updates and appointment booking.
- Work as part of a team to resolve or escalate customer queries and complaints.
- Support managers and other team members in carrying out daily work activities and when new projects arise.
You will work as part of a team and be given full training on all aspects of the role, including the systems and technology required, before you start. We will also give you the ongoing support and development you need to succeed.
The best person to tell you about what its like to be a Modern Apprentice within Social Security Scotland is someone who has experience of this role.
Click here to find out about Rachaels story.
Click here to learn about Darrens experience with us.
Get a qualification while working
Throughout the first 12 months, you will be expected to gain a relevant Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ). This will depend upon the nature of your role but this could be in Business Administration, Procurement, IT or Customer Service. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with you on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, which includes delivering two presentations.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Ability to organise and manage a varied workload.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to 9 months.