The Marketing Graduate role requires both analytical and tactical marketing skills. There are significant growth opportunities for the sport and the marketing graduate must help identify and present relevant information that supports this growth in specific areas. While Badminton Scotland has an excellent membership base, supporting retention and acquiring new members will be a central aspect of this marketing role, particularly through member and non-member communications. Identification, development and support of new online and offline initiatives and opportunities will also be central to the role.
A Marketing Plan has been developed that forms the basis of the marketing strategy and outlines short to medium term priorities. The marketing graduate role is well-established and processes and systems are in place that will assist the successful candidate. There is also support and mentoring available from a Marketing Director for a minimum of 12 months.
Badminton Scotland is based in Glasgow and the starting salary will be 20,000 per annum, with other details provided on offer of contract.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a deep understanding of the key marketing fundamentals - customers, competitors, products/services and the organisational situation
- Analysis of available online data and analytics, reports, statistics and insights to inform marketing decision making and the development of digital analysis tools/strategies to improve customer and market insight
- Development and management of the central online marketing support suite - website, social media platforms, presentation and display materials (pdf), literature, promotional material and digital templates
- Ownership and execution of acquisition (new members) and retention (existing members) strategies via digital and non-digital channels
- Campaign planning and execution
- Campaign testing and measurement
- Reputation management via Social Media platforms
- Web and Social content management
- Management of agency resource - digital and creative
- Management and presentation of Sales & Marketing Key Performance Indicators
- Support development and management of Events programme?
- Marketing budget "ownership" and management
- Events calendar "ownership" and management
- Stakeholder "champion", considering product/service developments, loyalty building, service delivery etc.?
- Badminton Scotland "Brand champion", promoting core values internally and developing internal communications
Much of the time the candidate will have independence in terms of setting tasks and completing these on a day to day basis. Support will be provided in terms of overall direction and strategic marketing direction, however, deadlines, quality of delivery and other operational marketing matters will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
The role demands a base knowledge of digital platforms, multitasking abilities and good oral and written communication skills.
The candidate should be a good team player with the ability to implement creative ideas. Additionally the individual will need to be a self-starter with the ability to self-manage. Key to the success of the role will be to build a fundamental understanding of the membership base.
A degree in marketing or related discipline is essential. Previous work experience in a similar marketing role is not essential.