Working as part of the Commercial team, you will contribute towards the development and implementation of commercial and marketing strategies that increase and diversify the Port's business, and represent the Port at many varied external events.
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT GRADUATE
Working closely with the Operational Management Team you will gain a detailed understanding of the Port's various operational areas and will assist with reviewing, identifying and recommending improvements in planning, organisation and day to day management of all aspects of operations.
You will assist in achieving the Port's digitisation and technology implementation goals through the delivery of the Tyne 2050 Strategy and play a key role in identifying and assisting in the delivery of efficiencies through implementation of technology.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS GRADUATE
You will support the Marketing and Communications Manager in a wide range of marketing and communications activities to achieve the Port's marketing strategy; including raising the profile of the Port of Tyne brand, supporting lead generation activities and the achievement of Tyne 2050 project plans.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject with an interest in the maritime industry
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to coordinate a range of duties and meet deadlines
- Confident, enthusiastic and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy
- Flexible approach to working hours, full current driving licence and access to a vehicle