Purpose of the role: To provide content and creative design solutions through both online and offline platforms to promote and maintain the SHS brand.
To assist in the implementation of the schools marketing and communication strategy by undertaking the following, under the direction of the Assistant Headteacher:
- Produce, update and monitor content across all school social media platforms and school website.
- Coordinate content to produce a weekly e-newsletter for parents, staff and students.
- Source regular new content, including text, images and/or video, from all areas of the school, to share with the wider community.
- Monitor activity and engagement of all school online platforms.
- Produce copy for local and/or national news publications to promote school events & positive stories.
- To actively promote and market the SHS brand.
- To ensure compliance with, and application of, all current legislation and policies and to keep abreast of new government guidance and policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information in line with GDPR.
- Ensure compliance with regard to data equality and diversity and health and safety, including demonstrating respect for others, fair and impartial behaviour in dealing with all people and maintaining a healthy and safe environment by taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other persons.
- To attend staff meetings, participate in performance management reviews and undertake training and development activities.
- To liaise with all stakeholders internal and external to the organisation as required, promoting the best interests at all times.
Appropriate DBS clearance (before post is taken up)
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and students
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Confident in Adobe Suite applications such as InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- To manage own workload and use own initiative to solve problems and complete tasks
- Confident in video editing and photography
- Specific marketing training
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding/child protection legislation & best practice
- Willingness to be flexible
- Ability to prioritise work
- Work with high levels of professionalism
- Positive attitude and approach
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English