To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
About us !
Filton Plants Manufacturing Engineering is at the heart of all tasks, working with all functions, realising the design intent in to productions means, whether that is production support, developing new technologies for cost reduction/efficiency improvement of working on new product introduction.
Your placements can cover Operations, Technical and Support Functions: working on projects such as A400M, A350 Metallic Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and research at technology.
Filton Plant Manufacturing Engineering is a pioneering innovative team of experienced engineers covering a wide range of projects from current production projects through to research and technology for our future products of the future.
If you enjoy taking on a challenge without predefined solutions, taking full accountability of the delivery of projects and learning as part of the process, whilst being at the forefront of aerospace manufacturing then this role could be for you.
We cover a wide range of subjects, from strategy, production support, project management, Additive manufacturing, programming, manufacturing technologies, digitisation, Lean and production planning, giving a wide spectrum of opportunity across a variety of wing related subjects.
We are looking for someone who sees themselves as future employees of the company and has the energy and drive to succeed. If you are this person do not wait to apply.
What will you be doing ?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- You will gain experience across the whole wing and sub assembly process along with gaining a good overview of the current manufacturing process along with developing future solutions.
- The tasks will be varied and require you to use different skills (technical, project management, communication etc.) in order to complete them successfully. You will initiate and support activities within the team along with working with Quality, Operations, finance and other functions.
- Manufacturing Engineering is a crucial link with the design organisation and production, therefore you will need to build relationships with stakeholder from across multiple functions, taking differing views in to consideration, soliciting different views always with the customer in mind.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and value different ways of thinking and working to get a technical solution.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information
- You have a strong interest in developing yourself
- You are interested in finding creative solutions to complex problems
- You have been studying for a relevant engineering or technical degree
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- 18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.