- You will start with general labouring tasks such as offloading parts of skeleton from laser cutting machines
- Putting skeleton away on suitable pallets
- Operating and settling break press machines
- Programming on break press machines
- General manufacturing tasks in the factory
- Operating other low level production machinery as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will complete the Level 3 Engineering Technician (Machinist) Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work-based learning. Successful candidates will attend Leeds City College one day per week (2 days in the first year) to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one-to-one basis.
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade (A-C 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade (A-C 4-9) Essential