We are calling for innovative and curious apprentices to join the 3-year Apprenticeship in our Manufacturing / Operations Department.
In this program you will develop your skills in build, test, and decom : you will become familiar with the assembly and final test processes of SPTS products.
As an apprentice you will receive a shift allowance working an early shift (6am-2pm) and late shift (2pm-10pm) on alternative weeks whilst also attending college one day per week.
You will be integrated into the Manufacturing Team and continue your development supported by your SPTS mentor!
As a Manufacturing Apprentice on-the-job training and role responsibilities will include :
- Mechanical / Electrical assembly, wiring and fault finding in our tools
- Operation and process engineering
- Carrying out site maintenance and cleanroom support.
- Leading and assisting with continuous improvement projects
- Successful completion of NVQ log book entries by the required timelines and a BTEC and HNC qualification in Electronics
We are looking for results-oriented individuals who are passionate about learning and developing a successful career within SPTS.
The successful candidate must :
- Work to tight timescales
- Demonstrate problem solving / trouble-shooting skills
- Be a standout team-member, who is flexible on working as a part of a group, but also on their own initiative
- Demonstrate good communication capabilities
- Be computer literate
- Be self-motivated
Preferred Qualifications :
- First year of BTEC or similar course in electronics / electrical engineering that allows entry to BTEC year 2 on day release.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Five GCSEs including Maths, English, & Science at grade C or above.