At Sodexo, we don't have a set idea about what engineers look like. We believe anyone can be a great engineer. If you have ever thought, "How does that work?" or "I could fix that!", then maybe you are an engineer in the making.
Sodexo is a world leading provider in quality of life services. Our role is to make sure our clients have everything they need to do their jobs - from proving catering and cleaning services to ensuring that our client sites have heating and power.
We are launching a new engineering academy to train our next cohort of engineers so we can carry on supporting our clients now and in the future. As part of the academy, you will work at a Sodexo site supporting our clients, and attend college one day a week in order to achieve a level three maintenance and operations engineering apprenticeship. If you have an inquisitive mind, a thirst for knowledge and are detail-orientated, then we want to hear from you!
Sodexo encourages applications from people with different skills, social background and education. We particularly welcome applications from women, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these are currently under-represented throughout the engineering field.
Apprenticeships are for all ages, so whether you've just left education, returning from a career break or looking for a new direction this could be the prefect opportunity!
Candidates for this role will need to pass a DBS check.
- To support the business and operational requirements of modern integrated engineering
- Apprentices will need to apply a range of conventional skills and knowledge to undertake engineering activities on a selection of electromechanical and process control plant, systems and equipment
- Apprentices will undertake installation, testing, servicing, removal, replacement, maintenance and repair of a range of equipment, apprentices may also be required to undertake decommissioning activities
- Apprentices will work towards completing their level three maintenance and operations engineering technician apprenticeship
- An inquisitive mind
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to own learning and development
- Ability to think critically and question appropriately
- Have a logical mind with the ability to demonstrate mechanical reasoning
- Level 2 functional skills in Maths and English are desirable