Looking for a great start to your career earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award-winning scheme? We are looking to recruit the experts of the future on our nationally recognised, award-winning Apprenticeship Programme.
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of where you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or virtual environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between the Companys UK sites to meet with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
How this role fits in
Leonardos four-year Learning & Development Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a level three standard in Learning & Development with an opportunity to achieve a level five standard. You will work alongside our team of Learning & Development Professionals providing a support service to all areas of our UK Business.
You will learn how various business areas operate, gain technical learning & development knowledge development of a business and commercial understanding, an understanding of how learning & development support our business and develop a practical understanding of learning needs analysis, learning design, delivery and evaluation. Later in the apprenticeship, you will learn how to engage with our business to provide advice and support, learning, coaching and guidance and to how to contribute to the development of a learning culture. There may also be opportunities for travel between the Companys UK sites.
As an L&D Apprentice, you will be involved with identifying learning / training needs, designing / sourcing training and learning solutions, delivering and evaluating training, and working with stakeholders. The role focus is often on the practical delivery of training for immediate and future learning needs. You will develop an understanding of our business context / culture and a good grounding across the whole training and learning cycles.
The L&D Apprentice role supports the learning and development (L&D) function to contribute to, and influence, improved performance in the workplace at an individual, team and organisation level. You will work alongside the Learning & Change Management Team and report to a Senior L&D Business Partner. You will also have the opportunity to work with Subject Matter Experts in different parts of the business
What you will do
The following list of tasks provides you with some examples of the work you will be involved in on a day-to-day basis that will support your development.
- Designing E-Learning from scratch - your chance to be creative, design, develop and create a piece of e-Learning from start to finish.
- Evaluation - designing a feedback forms for learners to capture their thoughts from the day.
- Building summary reports of feedback.
- Produce promotional materials to increase the uptake of our on-line platforms such as Coursera.
- Work with the team on a monthly basis to complete a set of reports that highlight performance.
- Supporting the design of blended learning such as workshops, bite size modules and Team Days.
- Supporting training delivery.
- Participating in training delivery.
- Supporting Learning Plans.
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, patience and problem solving as well as a need to comply with safety and process compliance at all times.
You will gather real work evidence on day-to-day tasks completed to highlight the key business competencies you have demonstrated. You will be required to complete a Learning Journal of this evidence, demonstrating that you are developing into a well-rounded practitioner through on-the-job training and are gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed.
Your development programme will include the following elements.
- Completion of a Learning Journal
- Two separate Assessments
- Completion of a Work Based Project
- Completion of a Professional Discussion based on the Work Based Project, which will include a question and answer session.
- Commit to the successful completion of all your modules and assignments in support of the Apprenticeship standard(s) (Ref: ST0562 & ST0563).
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 2 x A Levels (A*- C) one of which must be English, Maths or a Business related subject
- An alternative Level 3 business related qualification
- GCSE (Grade 4 - 9 / A*- C) in Maths and English
- A passion for helping others
- Interpersonal skills.
- Motivational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- An ability to advise and inform others clearly.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Excellent time management.
- Organisational skills.