AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
We are currently seeking Landscape Architect Placement Students to support our planning and design teams. This role will suit a self-motivated individual looking to develop their career in an award-winning team that’s growing and at the forefront of innovation within the wider business.
We would be interested to hear from applicants seeking either a part-time or full-time role fixed term placement role to be based in one of the locations above.
We’ll consider students with excellent design skills and a desire to gain experience in UK-based, LVIA and landscape planning work.
You should be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical expertise to carry out the following:
- Excellent design skills
- Ability to innovate and develop inspirational ideas to resolve complex project issues
- Assist in project management responsibilities, including contractual, financial and programme management under the supervision of senior colleagues
- Ability and personality to establish strong working relationships with other members of Landscape team and with multi-disciplinary teams across the business
- Clear communication, including the ability to write concise technical reports and contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops
- Produce drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development for LVIA, planning and design projects
- Assist in compiling tender submissions
- This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an established and successful consultancy.
APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO UPLOAD THEIR PORTFOLIO AND A COVER LETTER WHEN APPLYING TO THIS ROLE.
- Working towards a Degree or Master’s in landscape architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of UK legal and planning system (or Irish) with respect to landscape architecture
- Experience of working / desire to work on high-quality landscape and /or townscape and visual impact assessments and appraisals
- Fluency in English, excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of some or all of the following: AutoCAD; Adobe Creative Cloud; ArcGIS; AutoCAD Civils 3D; Revit; and ProjectWise
- Previous relevant work experience in a year out capacity from recognised Landscape practice would be beneficial but not essential
- Full driving licence