As a Junior Analyst you will understand the implications of changes to market, customer behaviour both short term and long term across the key commercial metrics and where appropriate proactively make recommendations so as to optimise commercial and business performance. You will also support the commercial planning team on the insight and analysis of event performance.
What will you be doing?
- Support the analysis of Waitrose pricing and promotional activity and proactively make recommendations so as to optimise commercial and business performance.
- Provide insight and analytics on implications of changes to market, customer behaviour both short term and long term across the key commercial metrics.
- Support the commercial planning team on the insight and analysis of event performance.
- Develop recommendations and implications for secondary space allocation to deliver the customer plan, supporting the delivery of c.480m incremental sales and c.180m incremental margin.
- Support the strategic development of data collection methodology, data management and reporting outputs.
Why do our Value Analysts love working for us?
Managing Value Efficiently is one of key strategic priorities. Sitting at the heart of the trading business, how we manage our pricing and promotions is key to our business performance. The challenge this poses, combined with a wide variety of projects and stakeholders creates a dynamic and exciting environment for our analysts.
- Previously worked in a data or analytical role (Ideally), attention to detail and commercial awareness
- Worked with complex data sets (structured and unstructured) and stakeholders at multiple levels - to tell stories and/or uncover insights and/or drive recommendations
- Solid technical skills with Excel and google sheets - other technical skills with data studio, power BI, SQL, would be advantageous
- As a business we encourage flexible working. We have a number of different ways to work flexibly, so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, examples of how our Partners already work flexibly include part-time, job share, home working and compressed hours
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early .