BMAT is a growing multi-academy trust supporting primary and secondary schools across Essex and East London. They are now looking for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team to work as a member of the BMAT IT Infrastructure team and provide 1st to 2nd line support to Trust users and stakeholders.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employers website.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
- Annual wage
- Working week
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
14 Nov 2021
- Date posted
- Apprenticeship level
Level 3 (A level)
- Reference number
- Provide technical support to all Trust users and stakeholders, with the emphasis on 1st to 2nd line support
- Supervise designated IT staff, taking responsibility for quality of service and taking ownership of IT Tasks
- Ensure all BMAT IT Services policies, processes and procedures are followed, in particular, that calls are logged, and SLAs are met
- Complete Daily Checks for IT (Remote and Physical)
- Maintain the IT operations function, as directed
- Maintain best practices in the removal and mitigation of IT security risks to the Trust, at all times
- Keep IT documentation up to date
- Work with 3rd party support teams and vendors to resolve issues and progress projects
- Support procurement and installation of new IT software and hardware
- Provide appropriate guidance to users, where required
- Support the development and improvement of BMAT IT Services across the Trust
- Support other members of the BMAT IT Services team when required
- Adhere to all Trust policies, processes and procedures
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
- Professional, customer service minded
- Maintain accurate inventories of IT equipment, software and licenses
- Monitoring Infrastructure
IT Systems Support:
- Provide 1/2-line IT support for BMATs systems, hardware, services and infrastructure, as required. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate solid first line experience building up to second-line experience and skills set
- Ensure classroom devices are functional and available for use by staff and students
- Support IT implementation projects, including the preparation and provision of data and physical spaces
- Physically install and relocate hardware range from machines, access points, switches to servers
- Create and contribute to clear, plain language documentation on the configuration, use and support of specific IT systems and developments
- Take a proactive approach to continually improve the reliability, resilience, performance and functionality of IT systems and hardware
- Identify, report and mitigate risks to the ongoing availability of the IT service, including systems and procedures related to disaster recovery
- Ensuring continuity, efficiency and enhancing ICT networks
- Management and maintenance of client network environments
- Support the architecting and maintenance of a scalable, robust, efficient IT infrastructure
- Proven ability to configure, troubleshoot and maintain a variety of windows operating systems
- Attention to detail and Proactive and take initiative
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
- To ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the Trusts Equal Opportunities Policy and in line with the Trusts objectives
- Strong fault diagnosis and resolution skills
- Working knowledge of helpdesk processes beneficial
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity in contentious situations
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Consistently maintains confidentiality
- Demonstrates an active interest in the development of IT
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Work calmly under pressure, subject to interruption and conflicting demands.
- Effective time management.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Meeting deadlines
- Use own initiative and work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Resolve routine issues independently within general procedural framework
- Communicate effectively with adults and children, verbally and in writing.
- Have high expectations of self.
- Committed to personal and professional development.
- Awareness of, and commitment to, equalities issues.
- Punctual to work times and tasks.
Youll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (dont worry, were a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.