A fantastic opportunity has arisen for First Line Support Apprentices in Watford This is a great chance to earn money while you learn in a government funded apprenticeship. The successful candidate will complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
Service Desk Team Leader
Purpose of the role:
- To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base.
- To provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Recording all IT Incidents, Requests and Problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with Service Desk standards.
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Produce monthly reports for our clients and the service delivery team to review all supplied services.
- Monitor alerting systems and respond to alerts in a timely manner
- Investigate and diagnose Incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network Incidents with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible.
- Resolution and fulfilment of Incident and Service Request within the Service Levels agreed.
- Liaising with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
- Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to other resolver groups, or line Manager.
- To make a positive contribution to update and maintain Service Desk documentation including knowledgebase.
- Administration of various in-house software including account creations etc.
Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
- Log and assign tickets and monitor workloads for the other Service Desk team members.
- Meet and exceed as required the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes (e.g. Incident, Request, Problem, etc)
- To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the practice by adopting the procedures applicable to the department.
- Analyse existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant IT systems.
- Upon management request you should be willing to perform duties outside normal business hours, e.g. on-call service or overtime.
- Any other duties required from time to time as requested by your line Manager or the Board
- Experience in supporting and using Windows 7 / 8 /10, MS Office
- Experience in using remote support tools.
- Experience of laptop/desktop and thin client support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Professional approach
- Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
Other looked-for skills and qualities include:
- Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work. Is aware of health and safety issues.
- Identifies and negotiates own development opportunities.
- Has a sufficient communication skill for effective dialogue with customers, suppliers and partners.
- Is able to work in a team.
- Can plan, schedule and monitor own work within short time horizons.
- Absorbs technical information when it is presented systematically and applies it effectively.
You need to have 5 GCSEs:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.