Working towards a Level 3 qualification in IT, whilst gaining practical work experience over 18 months.
20% of the time will be spent on off the job training, delivered by ENGIE and BALTIC our chosen training provider. This training will be delivered on an adhoc basis via a number of methods including day release, webex and on-site delivered training.
To develop skills, knowledge and experience to enable the following duties to be undertaken:
- Assist in the management of email, internet, filtering and corporate files from a securirty point of view
- Diagnose and resolve IT issues, problems, ensuring that account is taken of agreed levels of service and the need for quality, security, availability and safety
- Assist and advice users in making more effective use of ICT services, investigating problems to diagnose underlying causes and helping users at all levels
- Identifying and resolving incidents within agreed SLAs.
- Assistance with the execution of small-scale projects, actively participating in all phases.
- Responding to customers who contact the service via the ICT Helpdesk
- Supporting the work carried out by the ICT Heldesk and Desktop Support Teams
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to express solutions and ideas to colleagues and users at all levels
- A demonstration of IT skills ability using: email, word processing and an awareness of spread sheets
- Ability to explain routine tasks to others as directed, and an ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to prioritise own workload and demonstrate planning and organisational skills and able to remain calm under pressure
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to input, extract and interpret information from manual and computerised information sources
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Provide excellent customer focused service that is responsive to customer needs
- To be motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving results and high standards
- Ability to work consistently in an enthusiastic and professional manner, in order to promote a positive image of the service and Engie
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work unsupervised as required
- A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination policies
- Respect confidentiality and Data Protection principles at all times