Internal Audit assists the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Barclays. Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and Executive Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the International Standards definition of internal auditing.
The chance to make an impact
It is the policy of the Board of Barclays and Barclays Bank PLC to maintain an independent internal audit function to undertake internal audit work throughout Barclays.
- Be Brilliant
- Be Impactful
- Be Agile
Real responsibility, right away
As a Summer Analyst, youll spend the summer with one of our business-facing or functional teams, building a solid foundation in Internal Audit through hands-on experience and exposure to experienced colleagues and senior managers. During the programme, you may participate in the following process and performance responsibilities:
- support the team with projects, research and other aspects of their role
- play a part in the audit delivery process through work delegated by audit team
- consistently follow policy and procedure taking into account Barclays reputation at all times
- take ownership of your learning and role performance to get the most out of the internship
- proactively take on additional tasks
- suggest practical ways of improving the work and apply where appropriate.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, youll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. Youll be encouraged to work closely with experienced colleagues on a daily basis, helping you develop mentoring relationships early in your career.
During the programme, youll also:
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other programme events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Internal Audit analysts after graduation.
- an eagerness to learn and the willingness to take on new challenges will also prove useful. experience of flexing and adapting style to meet the needs of others