Danfoss Power Solutions is looking for talented students to support the introduction of the next generation of hydraulic pumps. You are going to work closely with the Digital Displacement Business within Danfoss Power Solutions Global R&D organization and will be based in Edinburgh.
Digital Displacement Pumps are a new type of variable displacement pumps which offer much improved efficiencies, improved control bandwidth and multiple independent flow outlets. The digital nature of these pumps calls for engineers with different skillsets and therefore we are interested in attracting talented students for our Mechanical, Systems and Electronics & Software teams.
For more information about the technology, please visit http://www.digitaldisplacement.com/
For more information about Digital Displacement Hydraulics, please watch this video: Digital Displacement hydraulics - YouTube
Typical Tasks - Mechanical
- Support in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) activities like FEA, CFD, etc.
- Support/ create CAD and engineering drawings in NX
- Hands on testing - of our pumps or of individual pump components
Typical Tasks - Systems and Simulation
- Hydraulic circuit design and analysis
- Simulation of hydraulic and mechanical systems using Matlab/Simulink
- Hands on testing - functional and performance testing of vehicles or similar
Typical Tasks - Electronics
- Support in design of electronics to control our pumps (analogue, digital and power electronics)
- Simulation and optimization of electrical circuits
- PCB layout using ORCAD
- Hands on testing - functional and performance testing, EMC testing, environmental testing
Typical Tasks - Embedded Software
- Development of real-time embedded software in C++ and C
- Development of drivers for microcontroller peripherals
- Automated software testing systems
- Hands on testing of software controlling powerful machinery in the laboratory
- Bachelor or Master degree student within engineering (e.g. mechanical, electronics or software engineering etc)
- Results oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Capable of working in a multicultural environment and cross-functional teamwork
This position is salaried and we recruit on seasonal base. Our student internships normally start in August or January and the duration is normally ~6-12 months. If you are interested in reducing Co2 emissions, here is an opportunity to make an impact on a global scale!