Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas. To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them.
The Technical Development Programme aims to increase your technical ability throughout your two years on the programme. This will then allow you to successfully enter a key technical role in the business following completion of your graduate programme.
This route offers an excellent opportunity to access extensive technical training opportunities via external training courses and on the job training. There is also the opportunity to develop your soft skills along the way. This is the route for you if you have a keen interest in taking on a technical role post-graduation and wish to consolidate the skills you have learned at university and develop them even further. You will learn from experienced people within the business by working with them on key projects throughout your time on the programme.
Our current technical graduates have worked on the following exciting projects -
- Upgrading equipment to improve the data being sent back to our alarm centre (Smart Hub).
- Updating the information that operates the valve regulating the flow of water being supplied to a reservoir
- Developing a website using C# to act as a catalogue, logging BI report information.
- Using Power BI to create a dashboard for a business area requiring a larger number of reports to be streamlined, and then automatically updated weekly.
What you'll need
- Expected to achieve or already achieved a minimum 2:1 degree in an IT-related degree
- A desire and passion for becoming an expert in your area
- Proven extra-curricular successes
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full driver’s licence and independent access to a vehicle
- Willingness to relocate to anywhere in Wales or Herefordshire and be flexible in your approach to travel
- Be available to start your scheme on Monday 6th September 2021
As well as a market competitive salary and 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Variable pay schemes
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car-leasing scheme
- Health CashBack scheme
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family