Here at PGMBM we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and organisational change and are looking to hire a Information Communications Technician Apprentice, to providing high quality support and assistance to the IT team. The successful candidate will manage a varied workload of tasks supporting the IT Support desk whilst being empowered to deliver high standards of customer service.
The ICT will support and engage with different parts of the firm and interact with internal and external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of an ICT is to improve the efficiency of an organisation through the support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Prompt and efficient triage of support requests, incident management and resolution
- Provisioning of computer equipment and peripherals to employees; maintain and repair existing IT equipment.
- End-user software / hardware installation and configuration; perform upgrades.
- Troubleshooting computer and network related issues
- Prompt escalation and collaboration for more serious incidents
- User and team training, and guidance on best practices
- Administrative tasks related to job role
- Support global IT initiatives
- Providing support to the wider IT team
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e. Office 365/2016, Windows, 8/10
- Intermediate level of knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Have dealt with self-builds, troubleshooting, solutions in spare time.
- Firewalls, routers & VPNs - install, configure and troubleshoot
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Creative thinker
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
- Methodical approach suitable to resolution of problems / issues
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)./
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
PGMBM is a unique partnership between British, Brazilian and American lawyers, with particular expertise in group litigation and is currently managing some of the largest claims in English legal history including claims arising from the collapse of the Fundo Dam, the largest environmental disaster in the history of Brazil. The firm is also at the cutting-edge of group consumer claims, representing thousands of affected clients throughout Europe and across the globe.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Lois Sharland 01133500333 Lois.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.