Our Industrial Placement Programme is designed to offer you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills you require to become an engineering or business professional of the future.
On our programme you will engage with challenging and exciting project work, and deliver innovative business or technical solutions as part of a team of subject matter experts.
Throughout the programme you will receive coaching and support from your team to achieve your objectives as well as your personal development goals.
You will gain a wide array of experience on your placement that you can apply to your academic studies and future career.
At Leonardo we value individuals who continuously demonstrate a dedication to their personal development, and successful completion of an Industrial Placement with Leonardo can lead to an offer on our Graduate Development Programme.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are willing to take on a challenge to fill our industrial placement roles, and we will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
If you are willing able to commit to giving your best performance, you will find Leonardo a very rewarding place to work!
This role is part of the Leonardo UK central HR team, based at the Basildon site. The successful applicant will be an integral part of our People Data Team providing a data management, reporting and analytics service to the HR team and wider business.
The placement runs for 14 months and we will support the successful candidate with their University placement requirements throughout their time with us.
What you will do
The key responsibility areas include the following:
- HR reporting
- HR data analysis
- Handling ad-hoc reporting and data queries
- Handling ad-hoc HR queries from managers and employees
- Liaison with third party HR Services provider
- Gain exposure to a wide range of HR activities across disciplines such as Recruitment, Learning and Compensation
- Support to the wider HR team in all other duties and projects as and when required
All of our Industrial Placement roles require a minimum of a predicted 2:1 grade in a relevant degree discipline
The ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in all aspects of Human Resource Management
- A proactive attitude with a desire to learn & develop
- Good organisational and timekeeping skills, being able to work with a number of tasks concurrently
- The ability to work as part of a team or on their own, on occasions with minimal supervision
- Good competence with MS Office suite (Excel essential