Our Industrial Placement Programme within Waitrose & Partners will make you see retail in a new light. Our unique Partnership difference and approach to business will enable you to get the most out of your placement year. Our placements combine hands-on experience with real projects. You will also receive relevant on the job training.
The purpose of this 12 month student placement is to support the Design team in delivering creative excellence across three core areas from Creative, Publishing, Art Direction, Digital and Art-working. The three core areas of specialism will depend on the students requirements and areas of study with rotation every 3-4 months.
What will you be doing?
During your Industrial Placement - Design you will have a variety of accountabilities, including:
- Support in conceptual development for multi-channel campaigns, events and branding initiatives.
- Ensure ideas are distinctive and disruptive by working to brand principles and bringing your own ideas into the team.
- Aim is to learn the process of design for print.
- Develop designs to the correct standard for handover to print production across multiple touch points.
- Work to tight deadlines across multiple briefs
- Collaborate closely with design.
- Executes compelling creative solutions that satisfy customer needs and business objectives
- Contribute to the design of web pages, optimised for web browsers and cross platform compatibility, download efficiency, usability and accessibility
- Ensures web design is part of a consistent end to end digital customer experience
Publishing & Art Direction
- Aim is to understand the design process for Waitrose Weekend newspaper
- Work as part of the design team on layouts to a rolling weekly deadline
- Gain invaluable experience on photo/video shoots and picture editing
- Understand the print process for a weekly newspaper
What youll have
To be eligible for this role, you must be studying an undergraduate degree at university. As part of your degree, you will be taking a year out in industry commencing July 2022. You will also be currently be studying Graphic Design or a design related degree.
What else could you bring?
- Be comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite - including; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in After Effects and Video Editing would also be desirable.
As part of this application, we will need to see your portfolio. Please include a link to your portfolio within your CV, or attach it at the same time as your CV to your application.
As a business we encourage flexible working. We have a number of different ways to work flexibly, so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, examples of how our Partners already work flexibly include part-time, job share, home working and compressed hours.