For the apprenticeship you will receive training to undertake a range of general HR administration duties, HR project work and recruitment, whilst providing ongoing support to the HR Advisors when required. Ultimately leading towards a career in HR.
Duties for this role will include:
- Support HR Advisors with recruitment process and contracts
- Work experience/Industrial Placements - Arrange and co-ordinate all aspects of work experience placements including sending confirmation letters, induction and defining placement programme with managers
- SAP Administration & Reporting - Maintain and process all information on the SAP HR system e.g. Transfers/Leavers/New starters, in a timely and effective manner, ensuring accuracy of input at all times. Liaise with Payroll Coordinator in relation to SAP inputs and reporting capabilities
- T&A - Clear daily exception reports for staff/office employees
- Monitoring and reporting of lateness and sickness absence for all staff, including removal of Company Sick Pay
- ID Badges - Issuing of temporary/contractor badges, print employee badges and ensure security of the badges are controlled at all times
- Driving licences - Co-ordinate scanning and checks on all company car drivers and maintaining the records
- Ad-hoc HR Project Work - Work with the HR Advisors on specific HR projects as and when required (e.g. PPMG reports, Career fairs)
- Disciplinary Support - Provide low level disciplinary support to line managers, which will involve attending investigative meetings to take notes and issue all documentation
- General HR Administration & Other Duties
You will also be responsible for the following general administration:
- Absence recording & updating of absence spreadsheet for managers
- Sending out standard letters (e.g. recruitment, absence, ad-hoc letters)
- Open & distribute departmental post
- Compile all references relating to housing (mortgage or rental) and employment
- Stationary ordering for the department
- Collate Insurance Claim documentation
In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out any tasks assigned by their Line Manager or that are essentially related to their duties.
You will be interacting with a range of people and departments, including employees, external auditors, suppliers, the management team and the product management team.
Equivalent to an A-level, and lasting roughly 24-months, you'll use HR systems to keep records, help the business make HR changes and work in a range of areas including recruitment and retirement. A HR Support Apprenticeship is for you if you're entering the profession and have a keen interest in having a career in this line of work.
- This Level 3 HR apprenticeship focuses on workplace-based learning
The apprenticeship culminates in an End-Point Assessment (EPA), where you'll have your skills, knowledge and behaviours evaluated against the relevant apprenticeship standard.
- Good IT skills and Microsoft knowledge, including an understanding of Excel
- Great communication skills and the ability to interact/communicate across the business at all levels
- Able to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent accuracy and logical thought process
- A drive to complete on the job training
- Punctual and reliable
- Professional attitude
- Minimum Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in GCSE mathematics and English
There may be the potential for full-time employment or to undertake further qualifications upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.