To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
An opportunity is available to join the Airbus Defence & Space Human Resources Department on a 12 month placement working in the Early Careers Team.
The Early Careers Team is responsible for managing the Apprenticeship, Graduate, Internship and Work Experience programmes. The team forms part of the People Resourcing Centre of Competence which has overall responsibility for the employment strategy and defining and implementing policies and processes in order to secure the mid and long term availability of competences and profiles to meet the strategic goals of Airbus.
During the placement you will play an active role in the team, getting involved in all aspects of HR activities relating to Employment Marketing, Early Careers Programmes and general HR duties when necessary. Main activities will include:
- Supporting key activities for the Apprentice, Internship and Graduate Programmes, including the organisation of on-boarding activities and inductions, assignment of buddies and mentors, salary reviews, team building events and certificate ceremonies.
- Supporting the HR team with general HR duties when required
- Ensuring timely organization of mandatory graduate training.
- Tracking of costs and budgets for the Employment Marketing team.
- Logistical planning and presence at targeted careers fairs and events for the promotion of Early Career opportunities.
- Ensuring all promotional materials are kept up-to-date, for example, website content, brochures, intranet etc.
- Provide content on Early Careers topics for the use on social media.
- Supporting the Outreach Coordinator.
- Ensuring all Early Career processes are up-to-date.
- Management of various administrative processes including expenses, Purchase Orders and invoices.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Currently studying towards a degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources, Business or related subject.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- 18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.