The Curtiss-Wright HR team in the UK operate as a Shared Service across 3 Divisions, supporting around 700 employees. We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person who is seeking a rewarding career in Human Resources. The successful candidate will join the HR team in our purpose-built facility next to Bournemouth Airport.
The facility was opened in 2017, and features modern open-plan working arrangements. Within the facility, the Wright Lounge is a flexible eating and working space, with a catering offer. We have free car parking, cycle racks, showers and changing rooms, alongside outdoor eating facilities.
- Tuition fees paid by Curtiss-Wright
- Day release to attend college/university
- Competitive salary
- Structured annual pay rise
- Funding for books
- 25 days annual leave
- Company laptop
- Free parking
Curtiss-Wright are looking to recruit a talented individual to join our HR Degree Apprentice Scheme as part of our UK HR team. If you are interested in a HR, would love to gain some experience and complete a HR Degree this is an ideal opportunity. Working alongside our HR team, we will support you with appropriate training to gain accreditations and even progress to CIPD membership.
Working across a range of HR areas while completing your studies, as skills and experience increase there will be scope to get involved with more complex HR activities and projects. The team are also involved in some activities relating to other Curtiss-Wright facilities across Europe and India, and there may be opportunities to get involved in some HR aspects of this.
Your apprenticeship will involve:
- Provide support to the HR team
- Responder on HR Helpdesk
- Updating organisation charts
- Manage employee changes in conjunction with the US-based HRIS Team
- Prepare changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Coordinate approvals
- Support new hire, onboarding & leaver processes
- Support Careers fairs and open days
- Support new employee screening (e.g. ITAR, BPSS and SC)
- HR reporting (standard and ad hoc)
- Coordinate employee events
- HR system maintenance (e.g. Cornerstone, UK HR Sharepoint, T&A)
- Maintain HR processes & procedures
- Preparation of files for payroll
- Support with coordination of employee development and training, including Apprenticeships
- Ad hoc HR projects
- Minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade 5 or above (including Maths and English Language)
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team is essential.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service approach.
- Time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Communication & organisation skills
- Resilience and the ability to work quickly against deadlines
- Computer literate and competent user of Microsoft Packages (including Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Experience of working in a people facing/customer service role (desirable)
- Previous HR experience (desirable but not essential)
- Full UK driving licence
- Occasional travel (mainly to other CW UK sites)
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.